Wednesday, 3 October 2007

The pig has sunglasses

Arrival Rome
Frankfurt Airport is large, and rather functional - I can not imagine there being any spaces for just sitting around and looking at oversized carp swimming leisurely around a bamboo forest.
Such a big airport and seeing it so empty at 5am is interesting. No one is about. Hardly a passport controller or anyone. I did get my passport stamped entering the EU.
Arriving in Rome is most unlike arriving at auckland airport - the NON EU passport lane and the something and or nothing to declare lanes are all one, and I couldn't find anyone to show my passport too. I guess that is the result of one border.

Hotel Torino is looking allright - though a single room means a single room in europe.
Jetlag has caught up on me a little but I did manage a walk around the area a couple of times. I have already scoped out the closest bar to watch the World cup final, and found the small ristorabte behind the hotel - outside wall adorned with pig whilst man inside procedes to chop into very small pieces a cooked version of said porker. Nice.

I will enjoy the quiet before it all kicks off tomorrow.
Looking forward to Naples and beyond.





No comments: